Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - 15 February 2017

Things I worked on this week:

Chapter 1 for my narrative project

Chapter 2 in continuation. I'm considering having that as my assignment for when we need to have another narrative to turn in. Though I'm still hesitant about it. See below for further details.

Finally found my muse to continue that sequel thing.

I also have this one post that I made to express where my inspiration came from last week. Wordy. As always.

Word counts? Eh, who needs 'em? Hahaha. (I promise I was working. Seriously.)


What am I working on?

Right now, I'm splitting my "inspired time" (as I like to call it) between the creative projects I've mentioned above. Though I'm mainly working on Chapter 2 and incorporating the suggestions House Wishword mentioned for the story. I'm also trying to work on deciding how to write in my "language" in the story where it's not gimmicky and confusing for the reader. Or if I should even put it in there in the first place.

I don't quite remember where I heard this from, though it's likely from my video production teacher in high school: "Writing is all about decisions."

He was also the same person who said "Get all the bad work out of you so you know what not to do next time."

Whether he knew it or not, I pretty much live by those standards when it comes to writing. Or I try.

Because of this, I don't really consider my terrible writing as wasted time. I've learned to see them as a lesson for the future.


How do I feel about the process?

I'm having fun, which is always a plus when it comes to working on a project. Feelings of inadequacy pervaded throughout my time spent at the keyboard, as usual. But as long as I'm having fun, I can ignore those thoughts pretty easily. Or at least I try.

Ugh, I feel so strange sharing to everyone this imaginary world that I created. It's the first time a large number of people have been exposed to the weird interest I have with languages and codes and fantasy all at once, though in a direct form. In the past, people I knew would just "happen" upon me writing in my weird language for notes during lectures. I've been mocked for it in the past, so sharing it in class brought those unpleasant memories up again.

Fortunately, no one called me weird at the very least. So... yay?


What am I reading now?

On Writing by Stephen King

My very first attempt at a novel for NaNoWriMo 2015. Confusing world I set that thing in, and a bit boring with the plot. Characters' personalities were all over the place. Definitely not going to touch that project again in the future. I "won" NaNoWriMo that year, at least?

Oh, who am I kidding, that thing sucked like that broken aquarium filter for my sister's angelfish. And like the filter, it needs to be tossed out into the trash heap. I got a few laughs in, that thing was so terrible.

***
If you probably couldn't tell by now, I've been having a "down" week. At least today I could drown myself in all the 50% off chocolates that I could've indulged in for Valentine's Day.

If I ever had a Valentine.

Don't worry, Noel. You could still be my Valentine!

(Noel is the family dog, FYI)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your progress! (And I think I speak for all of us when I say that we want to see photos of Noel.)

    ReplyDelete