Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - 22 February 2017

Things I worked on this week:

A short little thing that couldn't get out of my head when I was driving on my way home from campus last week.

Other than that, nothing else.


What am I working on?

I still have ideas and projects... I'm just not getting anything done on them right now. I'm currently a bit burnt-out with anything writing-related, unfortunately, and at the worst possible time, too. Curse you clinical depression! *shakes fist at ceiling*


How do I feel about the process?

I still love writing, don't get me wrong. It's just that at the inopportune times that my depression likes to poke it's little head in to see how I'm doing, it makes sure to turn everything very un-fun and a chore. It's definitely nothing like how it used to be when I was in high school (thank goodness), so I know it's just going to pass within a few weeks like every other time. It hurts a bit inside when I'm unable to write anything creatively of any sort, however. Thankfully that second narrative project isn't due around the corner for me. Ah, the perks of already having presented.

For the time being, I'm just jotting down really-really short snippets and scenes (typically one sentence of dialogue a character says) just so I don't forget them for when I'm feeling up to sitting at a keyboard and writing for any length of time. Even quickly typing this down is a bit of a strain right now, but I know that if I don't do it when I have at least a glimmer of productivity while I'm in this state, it just won't get done.


What am I reading now?

Same things as last week: The Dream Giver, On Writing, but not my first NaNoWriMo project because I finished that thing in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment