Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - 15 March 2017

Things I worked on this week:

Uhhh... nothing.

Hey, I wrote over 5000 words last week, I'm giving myself a bit of a breather and enjoying my spring break.


What am I working on?

While I did pretty much little to no writing this week, I am still working on my next experiment. I'm just seriously blanking on adventure ideas.

Okay, I have one idea, not a good one, but hopefully it will help me with building the world that my novel-length maybe-epic takes place in. And just so I don't forget (or lose any records like my other work I lost recently), it's going to be a "legend" of sorts.


How do I feel about the process?

Feeling good, though a bit iffy since I'm working as a "plotter" in this case rather than a "pantser." From reading the chapter on the adventure plot, it definitely calls for some (a lot) of planning so that it all ties in. I've come to understand that I'm more of a "quest" writer than an "adventure" writer, something about my writing abilities I've never known before. I'm really happy that I figured out the boundaries of my comfort zone and in writing an adventure, I can hopefully develop my skills further.

What am I reading?

I finished On Writing as well as the Master Plots book. Other than that, a whole lotta nada when it comes to the physical paper books that's the norm. While I was away on my "conference trip," I just read a lot of the blogs, and they are fantastic this week.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a wonderful spring break.

    Other than the "quest" and "adventures" chapters, are there other plots you would like to try in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually want to try my hand in all of them to see what works for me and what doesn't. However, after reading the "ascention and decension" plots, I really want to try those next. Maybe "transformation" after that.

      Delete