Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Ascend the Tower (A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure)

Just a bit of a taste of what I've got so far:
You have no idea where you are.

You vaguely remember going to bed last night. After that, nothing.

All you know is that you aren’t in your room laying on your bed, your limbs are tied to the stone floor, and it’s dark.

At least you’re still wearing the clothes you went to bed in. After all, who wants to worry about being butt-naked when they’re trying to figure out how they got themselves tied up in a dark, smelly, humid...

Room?

You think you’re in a room. There isn’t any other sounds or sensations suggesting that you’re outside. You’re about 99% sure you’re in a room of sorts. Where this room is, specifically – that’s where the trouble lies.

Come to think of it, the place is just giving off a vibe of... something else. The hairs on the back of your neck prickle at the undeniable sensation of someone watching you. Someone you can’t see.

The darkness doesn’t help matters either.

So, you’re supposedly alone-but-not-quite, you don’t recognize the place you’re in, and you’re tied to the floor in only your bedclothes.

Your first course of action?
It's a work in progress, but you can read what I've got so far by following this link. (Let me know if the link is still giving issues. I'm not sure if it's fixed or not.)

For this experiment, it ended up being a lot more fun than I anticipated it to be. I used to make choose-your-own-adventure stories, but they didn't really have much of a plot to them, and I didn't understand how to use the website that I'm using back then.

Now that I've tried to develop my writing skills a bit more since then, and now that I understand how conditionals work (after trying to teach myself how to code, bad mistake), I've finally got something that's actually working the way I'm intending it to.

It's not done, but I really want to finish this one. It's just too fun to write a story with branching choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment