Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - 24 May 2017

Things I worked on last week:
  • Chapter 9 of that story's sequel: 4279 words
  • Chapter 10 of that same story's sequel: 413 words
  • "As the Winds Blow" prologue: 255 words
Total word count for the week: 4947 words


What am I working on?

Same things as above. I'll also try my hand at try to get back into continuing The Blighted Earth. The muse isn't there at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it'll come to me once I settle back into my normal sleeping schedule. A.K.A. Sleep during the day and type during the night. My brain works best when the sun's not out for some reason.


How do I feel about the process?

Really excited since I'm back to my "normal" writing habits. School takes a lot out my ability to write, and since it's a priority, I've had to allow myself the irritation of doing schoolwork instead of writing. Lately, I've been handwriting what I've been working on more than typing them. Partially because I got an unfortunately placed paper cut on the tip of my pinky, right where the finger would make contact with the keys (why does something so little bother me so much?); partially because the "newness" has been helping me creativity-wise somehow. I even bought a new notebook solely to write one story in.


What am I reading?

Surprisingly, not a whole lot. Though I have made dents in Les Mis and The Magician's Nephew. I am checking back on the blogs every once in a while to see if there's anything new to read. I'm a bit sad that there isn't much now that it's not really an obligation.


What else am I doing?

Piano practicing in general has been put on hold because of this gosh-darned paper cut. At the very least, I did get to watch Moana when my family rented it over the weekend. It was nice, and there were some songs that were okay; but I couldn't really bring myself to enjoy it all that much. But then again, movie or television watching isn't really my thing. I wonder why?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it will be interesting to see who else continues to blog...

    Congrats on the high word count!

    ReplyDelete