Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - 3 May 2017

Things I worked on last week:
  • A part of chapter 9 for that one project I had: 238 words
Yup, that's it. Kinda disappointed in myself since I was just able to write thousands and thousands of words in just one week not too long ago.


What am I working on?

Hopefully, I'll find the motivation to try to write out anything. If that happens, likely continue working on chapter 9, and then The Blighted Earth. And those poems that are going to be due in the portfolio.


How do I feel about the process?

It's rare, but it happens. I hate writing right now, plain and simple. More often than not, I usually suffer from pitfalls that I can easily pull myself out of if I give myself a bit of time. But as I mentioned in a rant I posted recently, this time it's one of those rare occasions where I can't bring myself to work on anything imaginative because the urge to tear it all to pieces is there. If I were to give it some kind of weird personification of this feeling, it's like this gigantic dragon that's blocking the way to where I want to go, but all I've got to fight it is just a dinky little pen and a piece of paper. Pretty much all I can do at this point is just wait it out. At some point the dragon will fly away to somewhere else in my life and the call to write will beckon me like an old friend.

Or something to that effect.


What am I reading?

Unfortunately, my enjoyment of writing is affecting my enjoyment of reading, so I'm not really up to reading anything that's longer than a paragraphs.


What else am I doing?

A whole lot of nothing. Even trying to get myself to play a quick song on the piano is hard for me to do.

Hmm... Maybe it's my depression rearing it's ugly head again. Lack of enjoyment of things I love? That's a big symptom I used to suffer from when it got really bad. Okay, note to self: get out more. Don't stay in your room too much before it gets out of hand.

Well, it's either that or burnout. I'll get myself out of it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment