Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - 19 July 2017

Things that I worked on last week:
  • Chapter 13: 3156 words (finished at 4150 words)
  • Chapter 14: 1005 words
  • Scene practice: 1480 words

Total for the week: 5641 words


What am I working on?

The usual.


How do I feel about the process?

I have the feeling that the amount of meh I give about everything is proportional to how many words I'll manage to write in a week. While that is a bit worrying, I will admit that whenever I manage to finish a small goal (such as finishing a chapter), it fills me with enough euphoria to continue writing. I guess that, even when I'm at my lowest, I still manage to find a way to write; whether it is just as a personal journal entry or something I intend to publish anonymously to the public, it all means the same to me in the end.

It's come to a point that, while family might not support the idea of being an author, writing itself is a form of therapy that they won't dissuade me from doing. One day, I might show them differently with the former. The latter, however, is pretty much one of the constants that I've had in life. I don't know, writing is just something I've always done.


What am I reading?

Same list as last week. I really hope that it doesn't expand any time soon because I'm so behind.


What else am I doing?

So there was that coloring and coffee thing (minus the coffee for me since caffeine can kill me) which went down a turn that I recounted in a post earlier this week. Now, I pride myself on having a pretty vivid imagination. However, said imagination does not guarantee anything creative nor creativity itself, as portrayed in that picture.

Still job hunting as well.

1 comment:

  1. Writing = therapy for me too!

    You have amazing potential, Jodee, so keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete